Most of the problems Mac Office users have regard various types of Outlook and Word crashes on Mac especially Outlook 2016 crashing on startup or hanging. Microsoft has already issued fixes for some of these via Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac so we recommend you run that first by opening any Microsoft Office program, going to the Help Menu at the. Download Microsoft PowerPoint for macOS 10.14 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. This application requires a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription. Microsoft 365 includes premium Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps, 1 TB cloud storage in OneDrive, advanced security, and more, all in one convenient subscription. Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It only takes a minute to sign up. Sign up to join this community. Well if powerpoint is frozen you might have to force quit it, which will delete all unsaved work. (Hold down command-option-escape and a box comes up, click on the program you want to force quit, which would be powerpoint, and then click force quit and then click yes).
Possible Fixes for High Sierra
You should try each, one at a time, then test to see if the problem is fixed before going on to the next.
Be sure to backup your files before proceeding if possible.
- Shutdown the computer, wait 30 seconds, restart the computer.
- Start the computer in Safe Mode, then restart normally. This is slower than a standard startup.
- Repair the disk by booting from the Recovery HD. Immediately after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears. Choose Disk Utility and click on the Continue button. Select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list. Click on the First Aid button in the toolbar. Wait for the Done button to appear. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu. Restart the computer from the Apple Menu.
- Create a New User Account Open Users & Groups preferences. Click on the lock icon and enter your Admin password when prompted. On the left under Current User click on the Add [+] button under Login Options. Setup a new Admin user account. Upon completion log out of your current account then log into the new account. If your problems cease, then consider switching to the new account and transferring your files to it - Transferring files from one User Account to another.
- Reinstall OS X by booting from the Recovery HD using the Command and R keys. When the Utility Menu appears select Reinstall OS X then click on the Continue button.
- Erase and Install OS X Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the CommandandRkeys until the Apple logo appears. When the Utility Menu appears:
- Select Disk Utility from the Utility Menu and click on Continue button.
- When Disk Utility loads select the drive (out-dented entry) from the Device list.
- Click on the Erase icon in Disk Utility's toolbar. A panel will drop down.
- Set the Format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.)
- Click on the Apply button, then wait for the Done button to activate and click on it.
- Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
- Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.
Dec 3, 2017 7:25 PM
PowerPoint for Mac Training and Tutorials. Learn how to use PowerPoint for Mac, from beginner basics to advanced techniques, with online video tutorials taught by industry experts. Start My Free Month.
- A comprehensive 31 module tutorial (in Full HD 1080P) on PowerPoint 2016 for business professionals, students or anyone who wants to advance in their career.
- Free Office for Mac tutorials. If you're using Office for Mac, the Office for Mac team has provided great series of tutorials and how-to guides to help you get started and even learn advanced skills: If you're just getting started, check out the Office 2016 for Mac Quick Start Guides, which provide an overview of each Office for Mac product.
- The following keyboard shortcuts are now available in PowerPoint for Microsoft 365 for Mac beginning with version 16.24. This feature is available only to Microsoft.
- Presenting activities from PowerPoint on Mac 2:28 Learn how to install the Mac Poll Everywhere PowerPoint app. Insert activities into your deck, and present them directly from PowerPoint to get live audience feedback.
Lesson 21: Free Resources for Learning Office for Mac
Free resources for learning Office for Mac
Our Microsoft Office tutorials are some of the most popular courses we offer. These tutorials, however, are designed for those using Office on computers with Microsoft Windows, so perhaps it's no surprise that we frequently hear from learners who want to know why we don't offer tutorials on Officefor Mac. While Office for Mac shares a lot of functionality with the Windows version, its interface and design are different enough that we would need to create entirely new courses.
With our small staff, it would be a real challenge to produce the same kind of detailed tutorials for the Mac-friendly Office we provide for the Windows version. We may consider adding some type of Office for Mac tutorial in the future, but for now we'd like to share a number of excellent—and mostly free!—resources that can help you learn how to use Office for Mac.
Office 2016 for Mac is very similar to the Windows version. So if you have Office 2016 for Mac, check out our Office 2016 tutorial.
Free Office for Mac tutorials
If you're using Office for Mac, the Office for Mac team has provided great series of tutorials and how-to guides to help you get started and even learn advanced skills:
- If you're just getting started, check out the Office 2016 for Mac Quick Start Guides, which provide an overview of each Office for Mac product.
- If you're looking for even more, the Office for Mac Blog and YouTube channel provide the latest news and step-by-step videos to guide you through.
If you're using an earlier version of Office for Mac, check out the video below from the Office for Mac team on the Word 2011 Interface.
Office For Mac Tutorial
Of course, you can also find help on the Microsoft Office for Mac Support page from the Office community and support team. If you need additional support, you might consider purchasing a subscription to Lynda.com to take advantage of its thorough Office for Mac Tutorial. It's not free, but it's still a great resource if you need to learn the software quickly.
Microsoft Powerpoint Download For Mac
Free Powerpoint For Mac Trial
What if I use an older version of Office for Mac?
Mac Powerpoint Free
If you use Office 2008 for Mac, you should be aware that Microsoft discontinued support for this version in 2013. While this doesn't mean the programs will stop working, it does mean it will be more difficult to get help from Microsoft if something goes wrong.
Learn Powerpoint For Mac
If you're thinking of upgrading to the latest version of Office for Mac, you may want to consider purchasing a subscription to Office 365 instead of buying the stand-alone Office for Mac 2011 suite. A subscription includes a copy of Office for Mac on up to five computers, and you'll be able to upgrade to the latest version of Office for Mac when it becomes available. You can check out our What is Office 365? lesson to learn more.