Nikon announced that they will start testing their software packages for compatibility with the Apple macOS Catalina:
- The latest version available for download from Nikon is v2.10.3, and provides support for OS 10.8.5 to 10.10.1. I haven't installed it, but assume it will work on 10.12.2. If you need Capture NX2, version 2.4.7 is also available for download at the Capture NX2 Download website.
- Uninstalling ViewNX-i. Uninstalling Nikon Transfer 2. Managing XMP/IPTC preset. Image Transfer Date When Transfering Images in FTP Upload Mode. Download the latest version here.
Download ViewNX-i for Mac - Image viewer and editor that can handle file formats supported by the Nikon cameras and provides quick access to more extensive processing tools.
We plan to test Macintosh versions of the following software applications for compatibility with macOS Catalina. We will announce our findings once testing is complete. We cannot guarantee the compatibility of these applications with macOS Catalina until we have completed testing.
* An issue that prevents installation of the following applications on a device running the beta 4 version of macOS Catalina has been confirmed. We are currently examining the issue.
- Capture NX-D
- ViewNX-i (including ViewNX-Movie Editor and Nikon Transfer 2)
- Picture Control Utility 2
- Nikon Message Center 2
- Camera Control Pro 2
- Wireless Transmitter Utility (previously WT-4 Setup Utility)
- IPTC Preset Manager
- KeyMission 360/170 Utility
We do not intent to provide compatibility update with the following applications.
- ViewNX 2 (including Movie Editor)
- Capture NX 2
- Short Movie Creator
- Capture NX Ver. 1.x
- Camera Control Pro Ver. 1.x
- Nikon Capture series
- ViewNX Ver. 1.x
- Nikon Transfer Ver. 1.x
- Nikon View series
- Nikon Scan series
- PictureProject COOLPIX Remote Control
- WT-3 Setup Utility
- Wireless Camera Setup Utility
- Wireless Connecting Utility
- Nik Color Efex Pro 2.0
- Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 Select Edition
- Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 Complete Edition
- PC-PJ Transfer
- Thumbnail Selector
In addition, we do not plan to provide compatibility for other software, or SCSI- or serial-connection products. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Viewnx 2 Nikon Download Windows 10
- Sep 24, 2007
- Reaction score
- New England
- Your Mac's Specs
- 27' iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
Nikon Viewnx Download Mac High Sierra
I called Nikon tech support and it turned out that between MS (Vista) and Apple (Leopard/Tiger) workloads they still haven't tweaked the software to work with OSX, and they guy wasn't even aware that v.10.5.2 was released!
So obviously, the only work-around at this point is using a CF card reader. He said there was nothing in the schedule so he couldn't even predict when they will release a new patch/update. I thought I'd pass this on in case anyone else ran up against this. That being said.. if anyone got the latest Nikon software to work with v.10.5.2 please share with us how you did it.