Microsoft has recently announced that their Remote Desktop v8 app will be deprecated and no longer available for download on the Mac app store as of September 1, 2018. Click here to view the announcement.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 Download Mac Free
- Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 Download Mac
- Download Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 For Mac
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Download
The most well known remote desktop tools on Windows are Microsoft Remote Desktop and Citrix Receiver. However, neither are the best remote desktop software for Mac users. Unsurprisingly, Microsoft Remote Desktop is mainly designed for Windows users and has various problems on Mac although admittedly is has improved in recent versions. To start the download, click the Download button. The application will start and you can run the application by clicking Install.After this, launch the application and accept the license terms to begin setting up your PC for remote access. Go to Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac and select Download. You don't need to create an account or sign into AppCenter to download the beta client. If you already have the client, you can check for updates to ensure you have the latest version. In the beta client, select Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta at the top, and then select Check for updates.
The app will appear with the following banner as of August 10, 2018:
The following article explains how to update from Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 to Microsoft Remote Desktop 10.
NOTE: Before starting this process, please ensure you have your user name and password for the Connected on Demand remote connection
1) Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 from the Mac app store.
2) Open Microsoft Remote Desktop 10
3) Once the Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 is open, click the 'Import from Microsoft Remote Desktop 8' option from the 'Connections' menu, as shown in the following screen:
Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 Download Mac Free
4) The following message will appear when the import is completed:
5) The new connections will be either under the 'Desktops' or the 'Apps' tab. Most Connected on Demand connections will appear under the 'Apps' tab, as shown in the following screen.
Click here for more information on how to setup a new Mac computer for access with Connected on Demand
Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 Download Mac
I think you are out of luck, I don;t think you can download it from anywhere else.
Maybe also look into http://cord.sourceforge.net
Download Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 For Mac
Why don't you try downloading it on your computer and see if you can extract the file from the download? Right-click and show package content.
PS: Is that: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=465 the right client?
I can't test it since I don't have a MAC at work.
Microsoft Remote Desktop Download
or this one: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18140Edited Apr 21, 2015 at 22:53 UTC