Home > Articles > Apple > iPod
One of those is the release of iTunes 12.0.1 that has just gone live for Mac OS X and Windows users. The new version of Apple’s media management application is available for both the new Yoesemite and the old, outgoing Mavericks versions of the Mac operating system, and is the first publicly released iteration of iTunes to bear the ‘12. To reinstall iTunes, just go to App Store or download from the Apple website. An iTunes Alternative Tool to Manage iOS Files on Mac. If you feel disappointed about iTunes and want to manage your iOS files on Mac in a more flexible way, try an iTunes alternative tool – AnyTrans. It is a 100% safe yet professional iOS File.
- Free download Export for iTunes Export for iTunes for Mac OS X. Export for iTunes - Export your playlists and albums from iTunes to any local folder, external storage, SD card or USB drive!
- Figure 1 You can download the Mac OS X version of iTunes and other software from Apple - Mac OS X - Downloads page. Click the Download button in the iTunes for Mac OS X area. If a Security Notice dialog appears, click Send. Wait while the software downloads.
- The latest version of OS X features an elegant design, includes enhancements to the apps you use most, and enables your Mac and iOS devices to work together in new ways. Learn more about OS X; Safari extensions are a great way for you to add new features to Safari. Built by developers, Safari extensions use the latest web technologies.
- To download & install iTunes
From Max OS X: Visual QuickStart Guide, by Maria Langer
iTunes is a computer-based 'jukebox' that enables you to do several things:
Play MP3 format audio files.
Record music from audio CDs on your Mac as MP3 files.
Create custom CDs of your favorite music.
Listen to Internet-based radio stations.
- MP3 is a standard format for audio files.
- The Mac OS X version of iTunes did not support the creation or 'burning' of CDs as this book went to press in April 2001. This feature will be added before the end of calendar year 2001.
To download & install iTunes
- Launch your Web browser and use it to view www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/ (Figure 1).
Figure 1 You can download the Mac OS X version of iTunes and other software from Apple - Mac OS X - Downloads page.
- Click the Download button in the iTunes for Mac OS X area.
- If a Security Notice dialog appears, click Send.
- Wait while the software downloads. The Download Manager window shows download progress (Figure 2).
Figure 2 The Download Manager window shows download progress.
- When the download is complete, quit the Web browser software.
- Double-click the iTunes for Mac OS X 1.1.smi file icon that appears on the desktop (Figure 3).
Figure 3 The iTunes for Mac OS X 1.1.smi file icon appears on the desktop when you download iTunes.
- If a Software License Agreement window appears, click Agree.
- Wait while Disk Copy opens the iTunes for Mac OS X 1.1.smi file and displays the iTunes for Mac OS X window (Figure 4).
Figure 4 The iTunes for Mac OS X window.
- If necessary, open your hard disk window.
- Drag the iTunes for Mac OS X folder onto the Applications folder icon (Figure 5) to copy it into the Applications folder.
Figure 5 Drag the iTunes for Mac OS X folder onto the Applications folder icon in your hard disk window.
- When you download iTunes from Apple's Web site, it is downloaded as a disk image file. Double-clicking it launches Disk Copy, which mounts the file as a disk (Figure 6). Disk Copy is covered in detail in the sequel to this book, Mac OS X: Visual QuickPro Guide.
Figure 6 You'll see at least three icons on the desktop when you install iTunes.
- You can learn more about iTunes by reading the About iTunes for Mac OS X.rtf file in the iTunes for Mac OS X window (Figure 4).
- After installing iTunes, you can drag the iTunes for Mac OS X disk on your desktop to the Trash to unmount it and delete the iTunes for Mac OS X 1.1.smi file on your hard disk.
There are currently no related titles. Please check back later.
Want to uninstall iTunes on your Mac but find it is not easy to finish? Read this post to learn steps to uninstall and reinstall iTunes on Mac (macOS Sierra included).
iTunes Tips & Issues
iTunes Basic Learning
iTunes Music Tips
iTunes Libary Tips
iTunes Connection Issues
Other iTunes Data Issues
Uninstalling iTunes on Mac requires some skill and tricky. On a Windows PC, you can easily uninstall iTunes from Start menu > Control Panel > Uninstall a program.
However, iTunes is a default application of Mac OS and when you try to drag the iTunes application file to the Trash, a warning message will pop up and say “iTunes” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by OS. Don’t be upset. Here in the following, we will show you how to delete iTunes from Mac, and also share you the way to reinstall iTunes. Keep on.
Part 1. How to Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes on Mac (macOS Sierra)
Step 1. Go to the Applications folder and find the iTunes app.
Step 2. Right-click on iTunes and select Get Info.
Step 3. Locate and click on the padlock icon at the bottom right of the window, and you need to enter your admin password.
Step 4. Click and expand the Sharing & Permissions section. Change the privileges for “everyone” to Read & Write. This will give you complete control of the iTunes application so you can uninstall iTunes from your Mac.
Step 5. Close the Get Info window and drag the iTunes application to the Trash. You can still put back iTunes if you haven’t emptied the Trash.
How to Uninstall iTunes on Mac
Step 6. To reinstall iTunes, just go to App Store or download from the Apple website.
Part 2. An iTunes Alternative Tool to Manage iOS Files on Mac
If you feel disappointed about iTunes and want to manage your iOS files on Mac in a more flexible way, try an iTunes alternative tool – AnyTrans. It is a 100% safe yet professional iOS File Manager works on PC and Mac, allowing you to export, import as well as backup files on iPhone, iPad, iPod, like music, ringtones, videos, photos, contacts, messages, and other up to 31 file types.
Also, it allows you to manage your iTunes library and iCloud backups, viewing backup details and transferring certain items to computer or device. With AnyTrans, you can also transfer files from iPhone to iTunes/Mac/PC, and even to another iOS device. More than anything, unlike iTunes, it will not erase any existing data on your device while syncing. Now, download AnyTrans to have a try.
iTunes Alternative Tool to Manage iOS Files on Mac – AnyTrans
Part 3. An iTunes Alternative Tool to Restore Backup
If you choose to uninstall or reinstall iTunes just for restoring backup, then you may have another better choice. PhoneRescue – iOS Data Recovery can easily get back all your lost files from iTunes backup, like photos, videos, messages, contacts, notes, voice memos, etc. even it’s damaged or encrypted. To ensure maximum recovery rate, it offers you 3 recovery modes: Recover from iOS Device (without backup), Recover from iTunes Backup, Recover from iCloud Backup.
Also, it allows you to preview and selectively recover the files. That’s to say, you can retrieve the files you needed most, but not a blind full restore. The primary one is that it will not wipe any previous data on your device while restoring from iTunes/iCloud backup. Give it a try to restore your backup now.
iTunes Alternative Tool to Restore Backup – PhoneRescue
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to uninstall and reinstall iTunes on Mac, hope this guide can bring you convenience. If you feel this article is helpful, you can share it with your friends.
AMD Phenom (tm) II N640 Dual-Core Processor Drivers Download In our share libs contains the list of AMD Phenom (tm) II N640 Dual-Core Processor drivers all versions and available for download. To download the proper driver by the version or Device ID. Please check AMD Phenom II Dual-Core Mobile page for details on other CPUs from the family. DRIVERS AMD PHENOM II N640 DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR FOR WINDOWS 7 X64 DOWNLOAD. Ayuda overclock phenom ii x6 1090t black edition. Ii n660 dual core processor, socket s1 s1g4. Ii dual core mobile, ii dual core mobile n660, automatically download update, amd fan store, advanced micro devices, amd phenom x4, phenom x3 phenom, phenom x4 phenom. Get information about the Quad-Core AMD Phenom II processors for high definition entertainment, advanced multitasking performance, and power-saving. Use the links on this page to download the latest drivers for your AMD Phenom(tm) II N640 Dual-Core Processor from our share libs. Drivers Library To find the latest driver for your computer we recommend running our Free Driver Scan. AMD Phenom(tm) II N640 Dual-Core Processor - Driver Download.
More Related Articles
Itunes 12.5 Download For Mac
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >