The below wiki article is based on user submitted content.
Please verify all hyperlinks and terminal commands below!
Convert.elf to.cia. CIA files are generic data containers that can be installed on a 3DS. In order to do this you need to have a 3DS below 9.2. The process of building a CIA is similar to building a.3DS file. Simple 3DS to CIA converter for Linux (x8664) and Windows. Just put your unpacked (.3ds) roms in roms directory and launch the script./makecia.sh or, under Windows. Makecia.cmd The script will tell you what you need to do. The resulting CIAs will be found in cia directory. Linux (x8664) with python2. Manually builds the CIA now; makerom is no longer needed This should mean lower-memory computers can properly convert larger games. The 3dsconv.exe in this release includes all the necessary libraries and a Python interpreter, so it should be usable on 64-bit Windows without Python installed. CLICK HERE for UPDATED Video: How To Extract & Rebuild 3DS Games, Also Learn about Legit cias & Non Legit cias Herehttps://.See a mistake? Want to contribute? Edit this article on Github
How to Transfer 3DS Save Data to Citra
There are multiple ways to transfer 3DS save data to Citra in a usable form, but the important thing to note is that whatever tool used to get the save data off of the 3DS supports exporting expanded save data. Save data lives in Citra’s emulated SD card directories (
threeSD is a tool written to help import data from your 3DS for Citra more conveniently. Download estimate document template microsoft word free.
Refer to threeSD Quickstart Guide for importing your installed titles, updates, DLCs, save data, extra data, system files, etc. Note that you’ll still need a hacked 3DS with GodMode9 to obtain your keys so that threeSD can decrypt the data on your SD card.
As the supported way of transferring save data, Checkpoint is easy to install and use.
- A 3DS with boot9strap installed
- SD card reader (preferred), or a way to use wireless file transfer
3ds To Cia Online Converter
- Download Checkpoint from the link above.
- For cia installation, transfer the cia file to the SD card and install it with a cia installer such as FBI. For Rosalina-based Homebrew Launcher, transfer the 3dsx file to
/3ds/on the SD card. Hax-based Homebrew Launchers are not supported by Checkpoint.
Transferring Save Data
- Open Checkpoint. If this is the first time launching Checkpoint, it may take a considerably longer than usual depending on the amount of installed titles.
- Highlight the game you want to dump by navigating to it with the D-pad.
- Press A and select
Backupon the bottom screen. You will be prompted
Yesby pressing A.
- You will have the option to name the save folder. Name it whatever you want or use the name given to it. Press
OKon the bottom screen.
- The top screen will flash a message
Success! Progress correctly saved to disk. Exit out of Checkpoint.
- Transfer all files located in
/3ds/Checkpoint/saves/[Game Name]/[Folder created in Step 4]to the computer.
- Place the files in Citra’s emulated SD card’s save directory. You can open the save directory by right-clicking on a game in Citra and clicking “Open Save Data Directory”. If the directory doesn’t exist, start the game once and the directory will be created.